Dispatch heard your requests and has delivered new enhancements! Improved notifications are here — across our entire platform. Whether you are a Dispatch Connect or marketplace customer, you’re able to take advantage of these new features.
While previously the platform only allowed for email order updates, now recipients can receive SMS notifications throughout the entire delivery process. These include when an order is created, out for delivery, and completed. The text messages enable all parties involved to be on top of updates.
Automatically created once an order is placed, the notifications will include a shareable link with real-time tracking of your order. You'll see the following tracking information:
- The reference number for the delivery
- A link to share the status page
- The delivery status
- The assigned vehicle
- The delivery schedule
- A map of pickup and drop off locations
- Pickup and Drop off details, contact information, and notes
- The contact information for your business
With this addition, you’re ensuring that external stakeholders are aware of the status of a delivery — from order creation to drop-off. This ultimately results in improvements to productivity, customer satisfaction, and your business’s bottom line.
Here are a few examples of how these notifications can save you valuable time:
- The office manager who placed the order can continue creating additional orders or focus on other responsibilities.
- The individual contractor or foreman can continue their work on the jobsite without worrying when and if an order is arriving.
- The salesperson who sold the material knows their customer’s order is being fulfilled.
- Lastly, the customer receiving the delivery knows you are going to deliver on your promise.
Dispatch Connect customers can also utilize branded email notifications when they are using the marketplace to fulfill orders for a consistent experience across all deliveries.
The best part? These enhanced notifications are free through your Connect subscription!
In the Dispatch marketplace, you’ll find similar new options. SMS notifications will now be available, along with email updates. The order status pages linked to notifications will contain your business name and phone number — further streamlining delivery data and providing transparency. You can also add your business branding to email notifications through your Dispatch account for no additional fee. This branding includes your company name and contact information in the subject and body of all emails and helps remind your customers or notification recipients of in-progress orders to ensure they are successfully delivered.
Additional advantages include:
- Allowing your delivery recipient to be available and present when the order arrives.
- Enabling your finance team or a manager to know what they'll be invoiced for from Dispatch later in the month.
- Establishing better customer service by keeping your customers in-the-know.
About Dispatch Connect
Dispatch Connect is a delivery management solution that allows you to visualize and organize your daily deliveries — all in one place. With Dispatch Connect, you can:
- Enter deliveries, name routes, choose a driver, assign a vehicle, and preview your route on a map.
- Easily drag and drop deliveries to edit routes with an auto-updating map to visualize changes in route(s).
- Ensure internal drivers receive updates on the order status.
- Communicate route changes efficiently.
- Spend significantly less time routing your vehicles in-house.
- Provide access to the Dispatch marketplace to help fulfill orders above your capacity or outside your typical delivery area.
Interested in learning what Dispatch can do for your business? Visit our website to learn more about Dispatch Connect and the Dispatch platform today.